Here we go.

31 January 2009

O.K., so we didn't end up going out last night, which I kinda regret. We started watching Battlestar, which will ruin any & all plans that you may have. When we went to Za Zas for lunch today, we ran into Matt Quin & he was telling us how Velvet Kente slayed all of the competition at the Arkansas Times Showcase. I wanted to see it for myself. Too, I really wish that Eclipse Glasses had entered because I truly believe that they could've given V.K. a run for their money. Eclipse Glasses guys are too nice, I think. I'm going to have to give them a Patton-style speech to get them to get a little competitive. I'm just so mean.

Mayumi visited today. She was so kind & thoughtful enough to bring us little bits from her recent trip to Japan. Me & KMHD, we're really spoiled. It's true. I got a noren (curtain), furoshiki cloths, a pen/mechanical pencil combo, candy, socks, cherry blossom cupcake papers, rice paper zodiac placemats (You know, so I can have a dinner party!), and a cute little calendar.



The day was pretty average; we went to Sam's Oriental to stock up on basics: garlic, shallots, handmade tofu, coconut milk, etc. Then we drove the LR Marathon route to give Mayumi an idea of how long & treacherous it is; she is thinking of doing it. I hope she does! I'll ride my bike around town to cheer her on & you know, hold out water cups for her. Isn't that what we're supposed to do?

A beautiful day today! 64 degrees, no jacket required. I got my share of vitamin D, for sure. Hopefully it'll be a mild night. We're going to Collin's to enjoy his firepit & my cookies. Better get started.

1 comment:

kmhd said...

Extremely spoiled.

Blog Archive